Sunday, April 22, 2012
Ten Months. For Real, Though.
- Every evening. after his bath D enjoys what we call 'nekkid monkey hinie jumping time' before we wrestle him into a diaper and pajamas, and hope like hell he doesn't pee on our bed.
- We are days, if not hours from watching baby D take his first steps.
- Eight teeth, four above, four below.
- Strawberries are a new favorite.
- Dinnertime almost always includes music, and Harry Belafonte makes noodles taste better.
- Since the weather has been so mild we try to take a daily trip to the park for a ride on the swings- a smile and giggle filled ride that is as much fun for me as it is for D.
- Lots of kids have nicknames, and the one that seems to have stuck is 'Baby Desmond'. I call him this, Rob call him this, the sitter, the little boys at daycare, and I have a vision that one day, when D is six-foot-five and 225 pounds we will still be calling him 'Baby Desmond'; the perfect name for a dude that large. BD for short.