Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week 29: What I have in common with the bumble bee

Like a giant stuffed olive on a toothpick, I have waddled into the third trimester. 

Biology, on the other hand, had given women the ability to be hugely pregnant and stand up at the same time.  To flaunt my biological prowess vs. that of ClayWanda's Daddy, there is a simple experiment I hope to try:

First, you need a chair with arms (such a kitchen table chair).  Place this chair a couple of inches away from a wall.  Then have the woman stand in front of the chair with her feet about 2-3 feet from the wall, bend over so that the top of the head is against the wall.  Then, with the head still against the wall, pick up the chair by its arms.  Once the chair has been lifted ask the woman to stand up -- rotating at the hips and keeping the legs straight.

Men, no matter how mighty, shouldn't be able to do this.  And not just because we gals give up booze during gestation.  

Please post your results in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. You are so beautiful! and i love your blog backround! I miss you! I won't post results, but the gaping hole in the wall should say it all. :o) love you!!

    ReplyDelete